My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 19 July 2014

Suzanne's 'Outside In' Scrapbook

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well! I am here with a really special project for one of my friends who is poorly. She loves nature so for her birthday I thought I would make an 'outside in' scrapbook with pretty pictures of flowers, wildlife and scenery for her to look at when shes feeling low.
I used Papermania Sew Lovely range of papers, ribbons, bows and decoupage sheets, twine, eyelets, tags, photos, wooden embellishments and felt. For the front cover I chose quilted paper, then used a decoupage sheet label which I handwrote the title on. I then gave this texture and a 3D effect by matting with two different shades of felt. Fawn and Lime green.
On this page I made a pocket where I stored a photo tag, but also used little photos of flowers and wildlife as embellishments on the pocket and page.
A photo of a Small Copper butterfly on a tag I made, with a gold eyelet and twine to pull these tags out. I singed the ends of the twine with a lighter so they didnt fray.
A comma butterfly on the reverse of the tag.
On this page I made a pocket and decorated this with measurement tape embellishment, a ribbon and a matching bow. In my pocket is another tag with photos on.
Another tag with eyelet and twine fastening. My photo was taken at an exotic butterfly exhibition.
Another exotic butterfly photo I took at the exhibition.
For this page I cut around the decoupage sheet heart negative space to make a frame for my peacock butterfly photo, I then used the heart as a base to cut my common blue butterfly photo into a matching heart, just with no frame. I added ribbon and a wooden butterfly embellishment.
This page I made a pocket then decorated the far corner with decoupage sheet embellishments.
A photo I took of some gorgeous cloud patterns during a sunset on a tag with an eyelet and twine fastening.
This page I decorated with a tape measure die cut.
This page I switched round my pocket so the opening faces the side of the scrapbook rather than the top. There are two tags in this pocket.
A photo of a Crocosmia plant in my garden on a tag.
A collection of photos-two of plants in my garden and one of a spectacular firework I managed to photograph. I once again used felt as a mat for one of my images to make it stand out on the page.
On this page I made a pocket and used a photo of a seagull on the beach as an embellishment, I also embellished with a ribbon and bow.
The front of the tag from the previous page
And the reverse of this tag.
A beach photo at twilight.
A pocket which faces the side again, decorated with ribbon and a photo of a fireworks display.
The tag from the page above, a photo of a beautiful sunset against a tree.
The reverse of the tag with a photo of gorgeous cloud patterns during a sunset.
The last page of the scrapbook with a photo of an Aquilegia from my garden. I then dried out some of our seed heads and put seeds in an envelope I made with Sew Lovely papers for her to use in her garden should she choose to. Its one of my most loved plants!
I really hope she loves it!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

23 comments:

  1. what a fantastic book, it must have taken you hours, your friend will love it and probably keep it forever - truly amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous book, love the images and all the detail

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a star! What a lovely gift
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely book! Such a creative idea!

    Elizabeth Campau DT
    a2zscrapbookingblog.com
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Elaine. Love the papers and design and so many beautiful pages.
    I am sure your friend will be thrilled and this will certainly put smile on her face and help her on the road
    to recovery.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gift for your friend -it's sure to cheer her up
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous piece of work to show off those beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, what a thoughtful gift for your friend, I'm sure she'll love it.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely...Thank you for joining us at Penny,s and good luck.

    Caz x PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great take on our challenge, beautiful! Thanks for joining us at RRR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project...so much detail...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful book for your friend. She will love it. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry Elaine, I thought I had already commented on this beautiful keepsake. I think it is a lovely idea and those are my favourite plants too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab book thanks for sharing with HMH this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful creation - lovely colours and layouts - thank you for joining in at Penny's Paper-Crafty this week - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts this week. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful mini album!

    Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Pam
    ♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
    ♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous scrapbook!! Love all the outdoor pics! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful creation - thanks for joining us at Handmade Harbour - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a very unique project. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...