My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 10 July 2014

Crafty Ribbons Challenge: Yellow

Good morning everyone! Hope you are well :-) I am here with my creation for Crafty Ribbons Yellow Challenge. I had this gorgeous material with bold yellow stripes amongst the colours and embellished using yellow accents. You can find the tri stripe ribbon here and the Polka dot button here. I used Papermania Fat Quarter Fabric in brights, the button and ribbon are linked above from Crafty Ribbons and Cotton Batting for padding out my case. I started by measuring my ipod, and cutting out two lengths of fabric-to cover the device and enough for a flap to button up. I cut the same from the cotton batting. I then cut a 1inch rectangle of fabric for my button clasp. I started by folding this over on itself with the rough edges inside the retangle and stitched on a sewing machine ready to go later on.
I folded one length of fabric so I could see where the middle of the case was and then sewed on my catch. I then pinned my case, leaving a gap at the bottom to turn the right way out. Once this was stitched and pulled the right way out I then got my ipod and saw where the fabric met the top of my device. I stitched each side to make the pouch, then the flap folded down on top. Lastly I hand sewed my polka dot button on, making sure to sew where the catch would finish to give a secure finish.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

17 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous fabulous image bag and stunning details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful bag with amazing summer colours

    Thank you for sharing it at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great Elaine love all the colours
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this gorgeous bag and I like the beautiful material you have used.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for entering your fab creation into the Sisters of Craft challenge. Good luck. Tina DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elaine love this hun super stunning summer colours great job hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty & summery creation!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's brilliant Elaine.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, vibrant and fresh, thank you for joining us at TIOT. we hope to see you again soon.EE

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely project. Thanks so much for joining us over at JIC this week, I hope you can join us next week and/or for the monthly challenge. Sian (DT Co-Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw this is so cute - I love this cute and your lovely bright colours - just perfect for or summer challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely crafted creation. Such a fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fab make. Thanks for entering into our Sisters of Craft Challenge. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those stripes! Beautifully crafted piece, I am alwasy envious of people who can sew. Thank you for sharing at Try It On Tuesday (Sorry I'm a bit late!!) Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it! thankyou for entering the sisters of craft blog challenge. michelle dt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this thanks for joining us at IC xx Jan dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...