My Lovely Followers

Monday, 21 July 2014

Common Blue Butterfly Canvas

Good evening everyone! Hope you are well :-) I am here with a make I am really proud of. I wanted to make something based around some of the gorgeous butterfly photos I have managed to take so far this year and so I printed my photo onto canvas. I then took a plain canvas and played with a new medium. Acrylic modelling paste. I used a palette knife to smear this over a stencil which I had secured to the canvas with tape. I then removed the stencil and washed between each area I treated. I left this to dry, then painted with dark metallic blue paint, then I painted the rest of the canvas and the tops of the texture paste made with the stencil with this too. I let this dry, then got out my spray inks and pearlescent paint medium. I masked the canvas then used a length of hessian and sprayed the yellow ink onto this to give like a waffle like effect. I sprayed green ink onto a stencil then mixed the ink with the pearlescent medium to give a glimmering green effect. I decorated with cotton lace, hessian butterflies and pearls as butterfly trails.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thank you for looking and for all your lovely comments!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine your creation is absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas beautiful butterflies and great texture
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit late with the weekend blog hop!
    Lovely canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a soft color and the butterfly, wow, great canvas...love it. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Leanne - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous canvas Elaine.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creation. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Challenge - good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely creation! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Crafting from the heart. We hope to see you next time. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elaine this is stunning love the colours. Hope you have a great weekend. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photography of the butterfly and a wonderful canvas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them all :-) Elaine-xxx-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...